Saturday, September 4, 2010

another year older....

This past Wednesday was my 26th birthday. I can't believe I've been on this planet 26 years! Instead of feeling like, wow I'm getting older, getting close to 30, old, etc, etc...I'm trying to feel blessed that I'm able to have another year of my life to live. It's an open book. Everything I do is new and something that I haven't done before. This time last year, I was living a routine that I was completely familiar with, and now, I am creating a new one from scratch. 

It goes along with the birthday present that E gave to me. It's a charm representing my 3rd chakra, which is the one that I find I need to balance the most in my life. Here's some 'info' about our 3rd chakras:

"Your third chakra handles the energy of your personal power, self-esteem and personality. Your third chakra is the place where you learn to create boundaries for yourself. Issues such as trust, fear of rejection, self image are all part of this chakra. This is the center for action, energy and power.

"In opening your third chakra, you may reach deep into your own sense of self and find your balance or boundary point. This point is the use of personal power as a weaver of inner and outer power. You have the power to create and accomplish, rather than the power over something or someone. In other words, you have the ability to manifest in the physical world"


Looking back on some of the issues I've dealt with in my life, a lot of them seem to relate to my 3rd chakra being blocked. When I can focus on trusting myself and allowing myself to be free to try things and create, I feel much better, more in touch with my own inner power.

Knowing that E actually has listened to me when I've talked about this stuff with him and mentioned that I liked the necklace in passing almost 2 years ago means a lot to me...

I keep thinking to myself that these next few months are a transitioning time fore me. And I shouldn't be afraid of anything that's to come in my life, or worry that I won't make it to where I want to be. I just have to allow myself to be.

I want 26 to be a revelation for me. I want to get to a new level of being in my life. It's very exciting to think about what I can accomplish or be when I can allow myself to just be.

Some birthday photos!!

Daron and Anthony

Birthday Boy and Birthday Girl <3

My bestie Jnelly and I.
Harlem Lanes Bowling Alley for the party!




My moo, Lorelei!
Birthday love!
Jnelly and Daronika starting a girl group.
Birthday Boy having a good time!
The ladies!